PakistanTalk Forum

Go Back   PakistanTalk Forums > World Politics & Defence > India

India Forum to discuss Indian national politics and strategic defence issues on indian air force, navy, army and nuclear/missile forces.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 03:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lt. Colonel

Default FGFA/PAK-FA - T-50 -Indo-russian fighter. News And Discussions

Click the image to open in full size.

a little about the programme.

The Sukhoi PAK FA (Russian: Perspektivnyi Aviatsionnyi Kompleks Frontovoi Aviatsy, Перспективный авиационный комплекс фронтовой авиации, or “prospective (promising) Aircraft System of Front line Aviation") is a fighter aircraft which is being developed by Sukhoi OKB for the Russian Air Force.

Referred to internally as the T-50 by Sukhoi, the PAK FA is intended to replace the MiG-29 Fulcrum and Su-27 Flanker in the Russian inventory and serve as the basis of the Sukhoi/HAL FGFA project being developed for India. A fifth generation fighter, it is designed to compete with the American F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning II and is scheduled for its first flight in 2009.

Estimated Performance:
----------------------------------

Dimensions (m):
- wing 14,2; S=78,8 m2
- length 22
- height 6,05
Weight (kg):
- max 37000
- normal 26000
- empty 18500
Fuel (kg): 10300
Combat load (kg):
- max 7500
- AA max 2260 conformal
Speed (km/h):
- max 2100; M2,0;
- rate of climb 350 m/s
- min 0 OVT
- cruise 1300
Alt (m): 20000
Flight range (km): 4000/5500 (2x2000kg)
- supersonic 2500
Runway (m): 350 (w/o OVT)
G-force (g): 10-11
EPR: 0,05 m2
Wing overload (kg/m2):
- max 470
- normal 330
Thrust-to-weight ratio:
- max 0,84
- normal 1,19
Fuel rate: 2,55 kg/km
Flight time: 3,3 h

Engine: AL-41F
- thrust 2x15500/2x9800
- compressor: diameter 932mm, 3 steps
- weight 1350 kg
- pressure increase 4,2-4,5
- life time 4000 hours
- overhaul life 1500 hours
- nozzle:
weight: 380 kg
deviation angle +-16 deg in any direction, +-20 deg flat
deviation speed: 60 deg/sec

Electronics:
N050(?)BRLS AFAR/AESA
Freq: 3mm
Diameter: 0,7m
Targets: 32 (8)
Range: 400 km; EPR 3 m2: 160 km; azimut +-70 deg; 90/-50 deg
Power: 4000 Wt
Weight: 65-80 kg

Armament: ? 2x30mm gun
Hardpoints: ? 8 (conf.), 2*4
Old 08-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lt. Colonel

Default engine :

engine : detail

117S,

it uses the core of the AL-31F, whereas the AL-41F utilizes an entirely new core. The designation appears to be present because the engine approaches the projected specifications of the new AL-41F class. The engine is specified as being able to provide 14.5 tons of thrust. It is also notable that the engine is capable of mounting 3D thrust vectoring nozzles for extra maneuverability.The modernization has increased the engine special mode thrust by 16%, up to 14,500 kgf. In the maximum burner-free mode it reaches 8,800 kgf. Compared to today’s AL-31F engines, their capabilities will grow substantially, by 2 to 2.7 times. For instance, the between-repair period will grow from 500 to 1,000 hours (the operating period before the first overhaul is 1,500 hours). The designed period will vary between 1,500 and 4,000 hours. ( also will be mounted on su-35)
Old 08-12-2009, 03:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
Colonel

Russia "hopes" to induct PAK FA by 2015, but isn't this around the same time that India will be inducting it's MMRCA candidate? Will the IAF be able to absorb such a massive influx of aircraft and make leaps and bounds within such a tight time frame?

IAF want's more SU30MKI, MMRCA, HAL Tejas and on top of that a 50-50 partnership in developing a 5th generation stealth aircraft? Am I in the twilight zone or is the IAF budget increasing by a few hundred billion USD?

Just curious, but if remotely true that India will be flying 5th generation Russian aircraft by 2015-2017, PAF is probably already silently tackling the issue with China, though I can't imagine China developing her 5th generation fighters without some input from Russia, which puts this whole scenario into a gray area somewhat like the RD-93 engine on the JF-17 issue.
Solid Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lt. Colonel

Default zhuk-ae - radar

The Zhuk AE developed for the MiG-35 and legacy MiG-29 upgrades is the first Russian Active Electronically Steered Array (AESA [Click for more ...]) antenna equipped radar to be disclosed publicly. The manufacturer, NIIR Phazotron, has released a considerable volume of technical literature detailing the design philosophy and technology employed in this radar. This paper explores, in radar engineering terms, antenna and transmit receive channel related design features, and the cardinal performance parameters for this radar. While this pre-production radar operates at the lower end of the X-band and has a lower transmit receive channel count than Western radars of similar aperture size, it delivers power-aperture performance superior to all but the very latest Western small aperture fighter radars. The Zhuk AE employs lower density liquid cooled quad channel transmit receive module packaging technology which is comparable to first generation US AESA designs.

A parametric analysis and power aperture modelling is performed on the proposed Zhuk ASE, which is a scaled up version of the Zhuk AE following the model of the Zhuk MSFE built for the Flanker. The Flanker sized Zhuk ASE radar with existing Russian transmit receive module technology will deliver around 60 percent higher raw power aperture performance compared to US APG-79 (F/A-18E/F BII) and APG-81 (JSF) class radars, and if fitted with transistor technology permitting 15 Watts/channel or more, as proposed by NIIR Phazotron, it will outperform the N035 Irbis-E (Su-35BM) and all currently deployed US fighter radars other than the APG-77(V)2 (F-22A Raptor). The earliest feasible IOC for the Zhuk ASE on the Flanker is estimated at 2010.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lt. Colonel

Default new aesa radar details.

This 3cm (X-band) radar. The Russians designed their radar to produce linear power output at the range of 6-8 watt, to address available power (provided by the aircraft) and performance (range). The radar uses multiple four channel transceivers modules generating an output of 5watt per channel, installed on a liquid cooled base plate to dissipate the generated heat. If a specific transceiver is overheated, it will be switched off by the radar computer until it cools down.
huk-AE can detect aerial targets at ranges up to 130 km (head on) in both look-up or look down modes. Look-up tail-on detection range is 50km (40km look down). The radar can track 30 aerial targets in the track-while-scan mode, and engage six targets simultaneously in the attack mode.
The radar provides target designation data for various Russian made missiles such as the R-27R1(R1E0, RVV-AE, R-73E, Kh-31A, Kh-35E and R-27T(TE) missiles. The radar can distinguish and count closely flying targets as well as identifying targets with known signatures. Close maneuvering combat mode optimizes the system's performance to provide effective vertical scans, coverage of the HUD field-of view, and Bars AESA radar desined for teh Su-30 fighterslew to follow the helmet sighting angles. Special optimization is also provided in the helicopter detection mode, detecting and attacking slow-flying and hovering targets. In the air/surface mode the radar supports ranging, mapping and tracking of moving targets, The radar supports real-beam, Doppler beam sharpening and focused synthetic aperture modes, offering different map scale expansion, map 'freezing', and tracking of four targets, including ground or sea-surface moving targets. It has a sea-surface search mode. The Zhuk AE can detect a destroyer size target at a range of 200 km.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lt. Colonel

Default weapons

A non-comprehensive list of AAMs is as follows:

Izdeliye 300 / K-MD.
Izdeliye 760.
Izdeliye 810
Izdeliye 180 / K-77M
Izdeliye 170-1 / K-77-1

Russia's most modern medium-range air-to-air missile is the R-77 (Izdeliye 170) and its export derivative RVV-AE (Izdeliye 190). A phased modernization of this weapon, designated the K-77-1 (Izdeliye 170-1), is now being tested. In addition, the K-77M (Izdeliye 180) missile is currently under development as a second step in the R-77's modernization. The most visible change in the Izdeliye 180's external appearance compared to the R-77/RVV-AE is replacement of its latticework fins by more common flat aerodynamic control planes. This reduces aerodynamic drag and cuts down on the radar cross-section. The missile will be fitted with a modernized active radar seeker and new double pulse solid-propellant engine. Its maximum range will be 2-3.5 times more than the Izdeliye 170 (R-77) missile, depending on the launch altitude. The Izdeliye 180 is expected to be better than the AMRAAM AIM-120C7 missile, and equal to its successor versions, with a service-ready date targeted for 2010.
A future medium-range air-to-air missile as a follow-on to the Izdeliye 180 also is in development, but no additional information has yet to be released about this weapon.
Russia is the only country developing ultra-long range air-to-air missiles able of reach targets at distances of up to 400 km. Two such missiles are competing to be a basic weapon on the PAK FA fighter: the Izdeliye 172 (K-100) from Novator, and the Izdeliye 810 from Vympel.
All air-to-air weapons on the PAK FA are designed to be carried in the aircraft's internal weapons bay. To allow these weapons to be deployed from the internal bay, Vympel is designing two types of ejection release units capable of carrying 300 kg and 700 kg loads
The PAK FA also is expected to carry its basic complement of air-to-ground weapons internally. These include the modernized Kh-58Ush long-range anti-radiation missile, the newly-developed Kh-36 short-range anti-radiation missile, the new short-range electro-optical Kh-38 missile, as well as the UAB-250 and KAB-500M guided bombs. Heavier weapon types will be carried on the aircraft's external pylons.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lt. Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharian_Beast View Post
Russia "hopes" to induct PAK FA by 2015, but isn't this around the same time that India will be inducting it's MMRCA candidate? Will the IAF be able to absorb such a massive influx of aircraft and make leaps and bounds within such a tight time frame?

IAF want's more SU30MKI, MMRCA, HAL Tejas and on top of that a 50-50 partnership in developing a 5th generation stealth aircraft? Am I in the twilight zone or is the IAF budget increasing by a few hundred billion USD?

Just curious, but if remotely true that India will be flying 5th generation Russian aircraft by 2015-2017, PAF is probably already silently tackling the issue with China, though I can't imagine China developing her 5th generation fighters without some input from Russia, which puts this whole scenario into a gray area somewhat like the RD-93 engine on the JF-17 issue.

thats what is worry - here, i mean if we go for - a mrca fighter which we get in 2016 ( althought we would like to go for a fighter which should start getting inducted around 2012) and around same time 2017 we get pak-fa , it will be tough to manage but.
on the other hand - the use of both mrca and pak-fa will be totally diffrent to each other.

we need mrca to - phase out the aging fleet of bison mig-21 and other old fighters , where as pak-fa should be addition to the current lot to go along with - su-30 and lca.

- BTW - india defence budget is alot - but never end up using it , mrca been in pipe line for long time.

and yes i agree - pakistan will try to get its hand on - fifth gen fighter if - china develop it, i see a bleak chance of china might - convince Russia to deliver them pak-fa.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lt. Colonel

India version will be called fgfa - which will be a twin seater and will come in action with in one-two years of pak-fa.
india version will be twin seater and will have indian weapons and indian addition which we get from israel france us etc.
as well russian weapon system, based on our needs.

but the x-band radar will be common in starting - fighters.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lt. Colonel

Default Fifth Generation Airplane Will Lift into air in November - December

Aleksandr Zelin: Fifth Generation Airplane Will Lift into air in November - December

Russia's air force plans to lift the fifth generation fighter into the air in November - December of this year, Russian Federation air force commander-in-chief, General-Colonel Aleksandr Zelin, has reported.

"We should fly in November, and in the extreme case, in December, but in any case we will put the aircraft up this year," RIA Novosti quotes Aleksandr Zelin.

Zelin reported that right now assembly of the first flying example is being concluded. Three examples already have been created in accordance with the state defense order for tests, he added.

Source: 11.08.09, Avia.RU
Old 08-13-2009, 02:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lt. Colonel

11:34 11/08/2009

Moscow, Aug 11 - RIA of the news. The Air Force of Russia plan the flight of the fighter of the fifth generation in November - December of this year, reported to journalists on Tuesday by central board VVS RF colonel general Alexander [Zelin].

“In November we must fly, at the worst - in December, but in any event in this year we will raise machine”, said [Zelin], answering a question about the periods of the flight tests of the newest fighter.

The fighter of the fifth generation, which in Russia is called also the promising aviation complex of front aviation (PACK [FA]), is developed from the 1990's years.

[Zelin] reported that assembling the first flying model now completes.

Three models are already created on [gosoboronzakazu] for the tests”, it added.

General also reported that together with India Russia was intended to create the fighter of the fifth generation of marking [UB] (combat training).

Now we create machine with one pilot, with India we are inclined to produce dual-control aircraft”, refined [Zelin].

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate